Friday, October 26, 2012

Japanese dinner (Soboro-Gohan/Pork ginger)

Soboro-Gohan
This is my boys favorite Japanese dish. I normally use a grand pork, but you can also use a grand chicken. Cooked the ground pork with soy sauce and ginger, add a little bit of honey and maple syrup for a flavor. Eat with scrambled eggs and some steamed vegetables. Mixed all together with rice. I like to eat with a mixed grain rice (brown rice, brown sweet rice, black sweet rice, barley, red bean, black bean and mung bean). You can buy a pack at Korean super market.

Pork ginger
This is also a very traditional and one of the most popular home-made dishes in Japan. We use thin sliced "shabu-shabu" pork meat. Some people prefer to cook with onions, but since my younger son doesn't really like onions, I just cook with the meat. I make an extra sauce and drizzle on top of the rice and eat with it. Yum-yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment