Friday, October 12, 2012

Banana bread


After the trip, the first thing I did was preparing all the snacks and food for the next day school lunch for my boys. I had a few left over bananas from the trip, so I baked a banana bread. I tried a new recipe from "FallBaking" magazine and I quite liked it. But next time I will probably reduce an amount of sugar to bake it.

Banana Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground ginger
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (4-5 medium)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
( 1/4 cup chopped walnut - optional)

1. Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease the loaf pan(s), set a side. In a large bowl combine all the try ingredients.
2. In a medium bowl combine eggs, bananas, sugar and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (butter should be lumpy) (* Fold in walnuts - optional)
3. Spoon batter into pan(s). spread evenly. Bake for 55-60 min. for 9X5X3 pan or 40-45 min. for two 7 1/2 X 3 1/2 2 pans.
4. Cool in pan(s) on a wire rack for 10 min. Remove from pan(s). Cool it completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment