Monday, September 24, 2012

Croatian chicken noodle soup

I got this recipe from our Croatian friend. This is my younger son's favorite soup and he often brings this soup to the school. I like using the finest egg noodles for this soup but sometimes it's hard to find super thin noodles at the stores, so if I can't find the super fine egg noodles, I use farfalle (ribbon pasta) or mini-shell pasta as substitute.

CROATIAN CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP:
2 onions (cut in half)
5 carrots (cut in half)
5 celery (cut in half)
4 pcs chicken breast (w/bone and skin)

1. In a big pot, put 2-3 L water and all other ingredients.
2. Once the water is boiled, cook for about 2 hours in low heat
3. Add 1-2 veggie or chicken bouillon cubes, pinch of salt and peppers to taste 4. Take the meat out from the bones, cut the veggies in small pieces.
5. Chop some parsley and cook some noodles (or pasta) and add to the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment