Friday, September 14, 2012

Back to basics - A typical Japanese dinner

I love eating! Any kinds of food from any places in the world. However, I sometimes have cravings for Japanese food, not Sushi but something that I am very familiar with like my mom's home-made style Japanese dishes. I grew up with eating miso soup and rice in Japan, so I made a typical Japanese dinner - Rice w/pickled plums (umeboshi), Miso soup (Enoki-mushrooms,fried soybean curd and Asian chives), Enoki mushroom omelet and my famous Japanese BBQ Chicken. I made a chicken wrap for my boy's school lunch next day.

MY FAMOUS JAPANESE BBQ CHICKEN;
1kg - Bone-less, Skin-less, Chicken Thighs
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Maple syrup
1/4 cup Honey
1/2 squeezed fresh lemon juice
2-3 Minced garlic cloves
1 tbsp Minced ginger

Mixed all together and marinated the chicken for at least 5-6 hours or over night. BBQ with a charcoal BBQ, it really gives extra flavors!

I always make some extras for next day. You can arrange this chicken with a lot of different things. I especially like to make pita sandwiches with this chicken. Put a piece of chicken and fresh arugula with home-made basil curry mayo. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment