Sunday, September 23, 2012

Chicken schnitzels/French fries

My boys's cousin, 7 yr old, is staying with us since Friday evening. They've been having so much fun playing together, but when they are too busy playing, their focus is not certainly eating the meals. Especially the cousin is a super picky eater. He doesn't like fruits or veggies, no eggs, no meat with bones, etc, etc... He likes chips and cookies, but I can't give him chips all the time. For dinner, I thought chicken schnitzel and french fries may work for him. Both of them are something simple and kids friendly dishes. However, my mission was unsuccessful. He only had a tiny bite and went back to eating chips again. I remember his mom told me that how frustrated she was to feed him. She tried to cook a lot of different things but non of them really didn't attract him at all. I can totally understand how frustrated she was. Even though my boys eat pretty much anything and I am lucky about it but still feeding three meals everyday for them is a lot of work. I am really hoping one day when he gets older he will enjoy eating more stuff.

Chicken schnitzels dipping sauce:
2tbsp Ketchup and Japanese okonomi sauce + 1tbsp maple syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment